WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS ROCHESTER N.Y 3 YEAR OLD CHILD FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BEING SHOT

Go down

BREAKING NEWS ROCHESTER N.Y 3 YEAR OLD CHILD FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BE Empty BREAKING NEWS ROCHESTER N.Y 3 YEAR OLD CHILD FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BEING SHOT

UPDATE: 3-year-old in critical but stable condition after N. Clinton Ave. shooting

UPDATE: The 3-year-old is in critical but stable condition. Rochester Police Chief David Smith will deliver an update from the Public Safety Building at 10 a.m.

ROCHESTER, N.Y. — A 3-year-old boy is fighting for his life after there was a shootout in the city on Wednesday.

Just before 6 p.m., there was a shootout on North Clinton Avenue between the Valero gas station and the AutoZone Auto Parts by Sullivan Street.

When police arrived they immediately got into a foot chase with at least one suspect that led to a house on Sullivan Street.

At the same time, they got a call from Rochester General Hospital that a 3-year-old boy was taken there with a gunshot wound to his upper body. He was then taken to Strong Memorial Hospital where he is undergoing surgery and is in critical condition.

Their investigation found that the 3-year-old boy was sitting in his car seat in a parked car by the grocery store when he was struck in the crossfire. There was evidence of more than 25 shots fired.

Rochester Mayor Malik Evans and Police Chief David Smith have been on the scene and the police department is now adding more resources to help get this violence under control.

“We have a small majority of individuals in Rochester that continue to carry illegal guns and they’re carrying them because they know that there are no consequences for them to carry those guns,” Evans said. “We need to send a message that if you carry an illegal gun, that’s it.”

“After an exhausting summer of mandatory overtime and all the help we’ve gotten from the state police and the marshals and the county sheriff, I now find myself in the position that I have to mandate 12-hour days so I can double staff this section of Clinton Avenue,” Smith said.

Multiple people have been detained and two firearms were taken after that foot chase on Sullivan Street.

Right now the 3-year-old is in critical condition.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://1003wnysr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit