WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complaints about internet provider to provide service in a proper manner.

Go down

Complaints about internet provider to provide service in a proper manner. Empty Complaints about internet provider to provide service in a proper manner.

We have received a ton of Emails regarding Green Light network located in Rochester N.y about providing service in which is people are saying they been waiting more than five years for service.people living in the Gates area who have been wanting the service but are being ignored by customer service being told construction being slowed down by certain reason

One customer wrote on there review Lived on pilot st in Gates

Was told on the phone there not coming here until 2025 or later not enough people .

Trolley blvd was at 65%When I called
The person passing out the fly said we gotta get to 100% otherwise they may not do the install .

no its because you cater only to the rich people

you can keep your service I already cancelled my request

staying with spectrum atleast there service is a hell of a lot better than yours

Another person wrote I want to switch, I paid my $10 to get things started, that was about 3-4 YEARS ago! Finally, I get an email stating my neighborhood is being done, i should get a router and get ready! Awesome, right? No, I later find out my neighborhood is getting done but not my street. It will be a few MONTHS longer, had I gotten a router and sat on it for 3-4 months I would crazy mad. As it is, i still get updates saying it's happening but nooooo, I call and find it's delayed over and over and over. I hear the service is fantastic but this "customer service" is more than lacking and makes me wonder if I really should switch?????

Another customer complained about this.
We had Greenlight installed at the end of January. At the time, we asked for the technician to route it up to our second floor finished attic, where our TV and office are (and where Spectrum was previously routed). The technician told me that the fiberoptic material was "too fragile" to be exposed outside all the way up to the second floor, so he drilled another hole into our first floor dining room wall. The router and ONT (and flashing lights and unsightly cords) are now all crammed into the corner of our dining room. I later found out from some friends and neighbors who had their Greenlight installed after ours (throughout February) that the technician installed theirs to their SECOND and even THIRD floors. When I called Greenlight to ask about this, I was told there must have been a reason why the technician wouldn't have done it and that I would have to PAY AGAIN to have this re-routed because "I should have said something sooner." What?! I did say something! And the technician told me he couldn't do that. I couldn't believe how rude the employee was. Once I realized she wasn't willing to help, I asked to please be connected with a manager. She said she would escalate my case and that someone would call me back within 48 business hours. It has now been 72 hours and I have yet to get a call, or an apology, for that matter. We are BRAND NEW customers and we were treated terribly! Not to mention I can't even tell a difference in internet speed or performance since we switched. If anything it's worse!! Not off to a good start at all, Greenlight!

Another complaint
At first I was so excited about Greenlight and that was 5-6 years ago.  I signed up and then went door to door with fliers to get the neighborhood to sign up.  We made it to 100% within a few months.  Then months went by and nothing was moving.  When I reached out they blamed the city for not allowing them to trench through roads.  So I contacted my city counsel representative and setup meetings with the mayors office and the DES.  I got them to agree in writing to allow different installation methods.  Then they blamed easements.  They wouldn't share any details on which properties they needed so I joined my local neighborhood association and went to work.  I got voluntary easements for about 20% of my neighborhood.  Not a single person had previously been contacted by Greenlight and I check in every few months and no one has ever been contacted.  I am around 400 hours in and obviously Greenlight has no intention to service the 1500-2000 customers in my district.  They don't even have the general decency to tell the truth to handcuffed volunteers that try to help out.  Honestly in my opinion this is worse than the competition who play games with pricing and not with hearts and minds.

Owner Comments:.
As of August 8th 2022 WNSR has stopped and discontinued the advertising of Green Light Network due to the complaints received and that the matter is handled in an orderly manner.Including who who have been waiting for more than 5 years to getting the service..
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://1003wnysr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit