WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNN in Talks to Pay Chris Cuomo Some $9M in Hush Money to Protect Zucker, Network

Go down

CNN in Talks to Pay Chris Cuomo Some $9M in Hush Money to Protect Zucker, Network Empty CNN in Talks to Pay Chris Cuomo Some $9M in Hush Money to Protect Zucker, Network

Chris Cuomo is seeking some $18 million as a settlement over his exit and rancorous feud with CNN, but in the aftermath of Jeff Zucker's resignation, things seem headed more toward about half that sum, according to a report in the New York Post Thursday.

Network chief Zucker exited Wednesday after revealing that he had a relationship with a senior network executive.

"As part of the investigation into Chris Cuomo's tenure at CNN, I was asked about a consensual relationship with my closest colleague, someone I have worked with for more than 20 years. I acknowledged the relationship evolved in recent years. I was required to disclose it when it began but I didn't. I was wrong. As a result, I am resigning today," Zucker wrote in a memo to network colleagues, according to news reports this week.

The Post suggested the exit was part of an effort to keep a possible Cuomo lawsuit against CNN from coming to light. The ex-CNN chief was named multiple times in a draft of a suit, which hasn’t been filed, sources said, acoording to the outlet.

The Post further said Zucker’s resignation came as part of an agreement with AT&T chief John Stankey. Zucker would leave CNN without putting up resistance, and Stankey would settle with Cuomo, the Post's sources said.

That way, Cuomo’s potentially damaging further allegations about Zucker would be contained, these sources reportedly asserted.

According to an earlier report from The Post, Zucker and Allison Gollust — she's the co-worker with whom he had a relationship, he has conceded — had a troubling involvement with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. It's been reported that they coached the governor, who has since left office under a cloud of his own amid a raft of sexual misconduct claims, on his highly publicized, highly criticized COVID briefings; for instance, reports say, they advised him on addressing withering criticisms from parties including former President Donald Trump and make a better impression on TV.

Now, sources say, Chris Cuomo wants a hefty payout from AT&T, parernt company of CNN, or he may be inclined to file his lawsuit, the Post reported.

It said AT&T is negotiating with Cuomo to reach a deal that would give him perhaps half the $18 million he is seeking and avoid more controversy.

Back in December, the news network canned Chris Cuomo after details emerged about how he advised his brother as the politician faced the very sexual harassment allegations that ultimately cut short his administration.

New York's attorney general released details showing the anchor was more involved than previously known in helping to strategize and reach out to other journalists as his brother fought to keep his job.
Admin (D)
Admin (D)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit