WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHE IS WAY DOWN': CNN Says Kamala's Support Among Young Voters 'Significantly Less' Than Joe

Go down

SHE IS WAY DOWN'  Empty SHE IS WAY DOWN': CNN Says Kamala's Support Among Young Voters 'Significantly Less' Than Joe

This is not game-changing stuff.”

CNN senior analyst Harry Enten says Democrats may not get the young vote bump they’d hoped for now that Kamal Harris is the presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee.

In fact, according to Enten, she’s performing worse with young Americans than 2020 Joe Biden.

“So I want to take a look at Trump versus Democratic margin. Just remind folks where we were at the end of the 2020 campaign. Joe Biden won voters under the age of 35 by 21 points,” Enten told host John Berman. “What do we see with Kamala Harris? Well, she’s still ahead, but the margin here is significantly less than what we saw with Joe Biden back in 2020.”

“She’s up by just nine points. You may make the argument that was better than Biden was doing before he got out, but compared to that Democratic baseline, where Democrats have historically in presidential elections, at least this century, been carrying that young vote by 20 or more percentage points, she is way down from that. ”

“So if this is unique support among young voters, I would like to know what non-unique support is. Is it even worse than this? She was doing slightly better. Maybe Biden was up by like six on average or five. This is maybe slightly better, but this is not game-changing stuff, Mr. Berman,” he added.

Enten also threw cold water on the idea that younger voters will now be more likely to turn out now that Kamala Harris is at the top of the ticket.

“But let’s also talk about motivation, right? Because it’s not just who you would support, it’s whether or not you’d come out to the polls,” he said. “And this I think is rather interesting. Do Democrats say they’re more motivated to turn out after Biden left the race? Well, we do see a significant portion of Democrats who say yes, 39%. The thing I was interested in: Was it disproportionately younger voters who said that they were more likely to turn out or more motivated to turn out? And what we see here is it’s 42%. Not a big difference between 42 and 39%. So this idea, again, that the vice president has unique potential to dig in and get young voters to turn out, John, it’s just not there in the numbers despite all the internet memes that are going around.”

[url=SHE IS WAY DOWN': CNN Says Kamala's Support Among Young Voters 'Significantly Less' Than Joe]Video link here[/url]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://1003wnysr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit