WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBI Arrests Florida Man for Making Threats Against Rep. Boebert

Go down

FBI Arrests Florida Man for Making Threats Against Rep. Boebert Empty FBI Arrests Florida Man for Making Threats Against Rep. Boebert

The FBI has arrested a Florida man for making death threats against Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo.

Matthew Comiskey was indicted on five counts of making an interstate threat toward Boebert via Twitter.

Seamus Hughes, Deputy Director of the Program on Extremism at George Washington University, first reported the news.

A grand jury charges that Comiskey threatened Boebert on five different occasions via Twitter dating back to Aug. 31, 2021.

One tweet said: "If I ever saw Lauren I'd be glad to take her out and go to prison. Would be job well done."

It is not clear what Comiskey was upset about, although in one tweet he said Boebert shouldn't come to Florida since "us libs have big guns here and we stand our ground."

Boebert is a gun rights advocate who has showed up to work armed. The congresswoman on Thursday said she didn't support greater gun control laws after the Texas school shooting, but did back increased security in schools.

"I want our schools secured. I want their children protected, and I want teachers that can protect themselves and their students. And do you know what? We can achieve this without trying to disarm law-abiding citizens," she said.

"For me, this is my equalizer. I need a way to protect myself and my children. And my firearm is my equalizer, my tool to do that."
Admin (D)
Admin (D)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit