WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name released for man accused of firing at deputy in Carrabba's Restaurant

Go down

Name released for man accused of firing at deputy in Carrabba's Restaurant Empty Name released for man accused of firing at deputy in Carrabba's Restaurant

Rochester N.y _ Monroe County Sheriff's Deputies have identified 33-year-old Alonzo Jones as the man who they said fired his gun at Carrabba's Restaurant in Henrietta on Thursday night.

Deputies said Jones, of Rochester, pulled a gun from his waistband and shot at them, barely missing a Deputy's head. Deputies returned fire, causing the suspect to fall to the ground and dropped the gun.

Jones is being held on aggravated assault and weapons charges. He is being held without bail.

Deputies were called to the restaurant on West Henrietta Road for reports of a man with a gun, standing behind the bar. No one was injured during the incident, the Sheriffs Office said.

Employees and customers fled out of every door to escape.

The employees were instructed not to talk to the media. We did talk to one customer, Gary Lee, who was sitting outside the restaurant at the time of the shooting as he was waiting for his dinner order.

"I parked my car waiting for my food to come out, next thing I know everybody is running, saying he's got a gun, he's got a gun."

Carrabba's Restaurant was closed the rest of the Thursday evening.
Admin (D)
Admin (D)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit