WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT: Fauci Talks Retirement as Calls for Resignation Intensify

Go down

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT: Fauci Talks Retirement as Calls for Resignation Intensify Empty YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT: Fauci Talks Retirement as Calls for Resignation Intensify

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT: Fauci Talks Retirement as Calls for Resignation Intensify Mr_bla10
Dr. Anthony Fauci may be skipping town before he’s thrown out. The 81-year old doctor hinted he is ready to retire while speaking with ABC News about the BA.2 COVID variant.

“I have said that I would stay in what I’m doing until we get out of the pandemic phase and I think we might be there already, if we can stay in this,” Fauci said, referring to the falling cases and hospitalizations.

“I can’t stay at this job forever. Unless my staff is gonna find me slumped over my desk one day. I’d rather not do that,” he added.

Fauci’s retirement tease may be in response to Senator Rand Paul’s (R-KY) introduction of an amendment to remove him as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). The amendment would restructure the organization, splitting Fauci’s role into three new positions.

“We’ve learned a lot over the past two years, but one lesson in particular is that no one person should be deemed ‘dictator-in-chief,’” Paul said in a statement. “No one person should have unilateral authority to make decisions for millions of Americans.”

Some members of legislators don’t just want Fauci fired —they want him in prison.

“The first thing that needs to happen is a complete and total investigation into Dr. Fauci, who I think is a criminal psychopath and should spend the rest of his life in a federal prison,” says Florida State Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R). “That’s my opinion. I think an investigation will show more evidence as to why that should be the case. I think that’s the top issue right now.”

Fauci spoke about retiring from public life as demands for his termination have grown louder this week.

Admin (D)
Admin (D)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit