WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Letitia James Suspends Campaign for NY Governor

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Letitia James Suspends Campaign for NY Governor Empty BREAKING NEWS: Letitia James Suspends Campaign for NY Governor

New York Attorney General Letitia James is suspending her campaign for governor after less than two months.

“I have come to the conclusion that I must continue my work as attorney general,” James said in a surprise announcement Thursday. “There are a number of important investigations and cases that are underway, and I intend to finish the job.”

James said she would run for reelection as attorney general.

James had overseen the investigation into sexual harassment allegations against former Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who claimed the investigation was politically motivated.

A Siena College poll released this week showed that Gov. Kathy Hochul is the front-runner in the race, with support from 36% of New York Democrats. James was second in the poll, at 18%.

New York City Advocate Jumaane Williams was at 10% in the Siena poll, with 6% backing U.S. Rep. Tom Suozzi. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who is mulling a bid for governor, also grabbed 6% support.

Nearly a quarter (24%) of those Democrats questioned said they were undecided on whom they would support in the June 28 primary, or said they’d back another candidate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://1003wnysr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit