WNYSR Real News Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Deathrow Inmate gets a reprieve Warren K. Henness By the Governor

Go down

Ohio Deathrow Inmate gets a reprieve Warren K. Henness By the Governor  Empty Ohio Deathrow Inmate gets a reprieve Warren K. Henness By the Governor

1996- (6536
STATE OF OHIO
“executive Department
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Columbus
WARRANT OF REPRIEVE
WHEREAS, Warren K. Henness, # 287-375, is currently incarcerated in the custody ofthe
Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (“ODRC”) under sentence of death; and
WHEREAS, an execution date for said inmate has been set for January 12, 2022, and has
not been stayed by any court; and
WHEREAS, Ohio Revised Code Section 2967.08 provides that the Governor may grant a
reprieve for a definite time to a person under sentence of death, with or without notices or
application; and
WHEREAS, circumstances exist justifying the grant of a temporary reprieve;
THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in the Governor by the Constitution and
the laws ofthis state, I do hereby direct that the said sentence of death be reprieved for Warren K.
Henness until December 17, 2024. This inmate is to remain incarcerated on Death Row at the
Chillicothe Correctional Institution or such other facility as may be deemed appropriate by the
Director of ODRC. Said sentence is to be carried out at 10:00 A.M., December 17, 2024 unless
further reprieve or clemency is granted.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto
subscribed my name and caused the Great Seal of
the State of Ohio to be affixed, at Columbus, this
Tenth Day of September, in the year Two
Thousand and Twenty- One.
“Mike DeWine, Governor

He will not be put to death for now but a new date is scheduled December 12th 2025 at 6 pm
Filed this__ day of September, 2021, with the Franklin County Common Pleas Clerk of Courts
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://1003wnysr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit